Sales Development Representative - Maritime and Trade (SDR), London
Shipfix is the market leading data intelligence platform for shipping and commodities. Our proprietary artificial intelligence-driven tools aggregate cargo, freight, port and vessel information to enable the daily workflows of maritime and trade professionals and to address key challenges faced by the industry that Shipfix has proven to overcome.
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you are responsible for outbound sales prospecting, generating and qualifying new leads across shipping and commodities markets until they’re ready to talk to Sales Managers. Equipped with well-researched information about target prospects and Shipfix, SDRs build a solid understanding of the industry and sales process to spark meaningful conversations and drive lead engagement.
This is a key role for a driven and resilient "hunter" who wants to join a high-performing sales team at one of the fastest growing tech businesses in the industry.
The role will include (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Represent our company’s products and services on a first touch point with a lead
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects
- Identify the prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Prepare prospects to speak with an Sales Manager or screening the lead's true intention to buy
- Work closely with the Sales Team to schedule product demonstrations to qualified leads
- Leverage Hubspot CRM, cold calling, Linkedin Sales Navigator, email sequences, and other commercial SaaS solutions
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation and qualification playbooks
- Be attentive and inspire prospects around the value of Shipfix products at the pre-sales stage
- Manage data input for each contact in the CRM for the benefit of the sales team and analytics
KPIs and rewards will be performance-driven and related to the volume of Sales Qualified leads.
You will report into the Global Head of Maritime & Trade Sales, based in London.
- Competitive Salary, relative to experience
- 28 days Annual Leave including the usual bank holidays
- Bupa Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Casual / business casual dress
- Access to all WeWork perks including discounts, free online well-being sessions, free Coffee/Tea, biscuits, fruit, beer etc
- Quarterly socials paid by the Company
- Generous celebrations for work and life milestones
- Your work will be based out of our London Office but we are fully equipped for remote work as required
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- You are positive self-starter, comfortable cold-calling and engaging with prospective customers across different levels of seniority.
- You should possess an inquisitive mindset to the needs of prospective customers and be proficient in identifying where Shipfix can add value to them.
- You must be willing to learn, adapt and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal teams.
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organisation
- Prior Experience working in maritime and/or commodities markets is preferred, however is not essential.
- Active listening skills
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
Shipfix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.