Back-end / Data Developer
RemoteAnywhere in France, Occitanie, FranceDev / R&D
Shipfix is the leading data intelligence platform for shipping and commodities. Our clients transport thousands of tons of grains, minerals or wet cargoes on the biggest vessels in the world. Our proprietary artificial intelligence-driven tools aggregate cargo and vessel information to optimise daily workflows, and address key issues within the industry that can be overcome with Software.
Shipfix extracts anonymises and aggregates billions of data points from the email exchanges in the shipping market. Our SaaS platform provides predictive signals that can be applied to trading strategies across the broad investable universe including but not limited to: Physical freight and derivatives, macro/FX, commodities, and equities. Shipfix datasets are used by top quantitative traders to make trading decisions on a daily basis.
Our unique ability to measure the volumes of commodities several weeks in advance provides an invaluable advantage in volatile markets. For the past 20 years, maritime & trade industries have also relied on limited datasets such as customs data. We are disrupting that.
About the role
You'll play a key role in ramping up our Data applications for our innovative solutions.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Analyse and organise raw data,
- Uniformise and combine complex and large data sources,
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines,
- Solve variety of challenging data problems,
- Build intelligent and optimised algorithms, insure deployment and maintenance in production,
- Write and document unit and integration tests,
- Improve quality, accuracy and performance of existing data models,
- Detect and correct data issues reported by customers,
- Qualify data,
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and core team on several projects,
- Understand and evaluate business needs and objectives,
- Participate to the elaboration of data-driven business rules and implement them.
Our Stack: Python, Flask/Django/FastAPI, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Dataflow, Pandas, SpaCy, GCP, Streamlit
Our Culture & Perks
Shipfix offers endless technological challenges in an innovative and intellectually stimulating environment.
Our team of technology experts (which includes 6 ex-CTOs), is committed to creating a harmonious work environment with hardworking, open-minded and kind colleagues (many of whom are sports addicts).
We value humility, social intelligence, resilience, and velocity, which are reflected in the way we work and interact with each other.
If you join our fulfilling and rewarding journey, you'll also experience first-hand those benefits:
- Flexible home-working contracts: we have fully embraced a remote work policy. We don't think collaborative teamwork requires us to be physically in the same office so we'll be happy to welcome you, wherever you're based. We also keep in mind that not everyone can or is happy working from home so we can always provide access to your local co-working space
- All necessary hardware (MacBook Pro M1 32Go 1To, screens, keyboard, etc.)
- Competitive Salary
- Full family healthcare coverage with Alan (yes, that including your partner and kids)
- Generous celebrations for work and life milestones
- 3 days dev sessions every 4 months with:
- Group workouts and relaxing times,
- Workshops, presentations, brainstorming on tech challenges or focus on specific themes,
- Group experience such as VR esports with EVA (eva.gg) or other experiences.
We would be delighted to meet you if you have:
- Previous experience (+3 years) as a Dev backend or in a similar role,
- Expertise in Python and SQL,
- Experience with GCP, Dataflow, BigQuery and PostgreSQL is a plus,
- Team spirit,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in French (fluent) and English,
- Rigor, autonomy and organisation skills,
- Interest in shipping is a plus.
Shipfix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.